Thursday, January 13, 2011

kinabalu challenge... WE MADE IT!

Recently(9hb to 10hb january 2011), I've joined a trip to climb the highest mountain in southeast Asia, Mount Kinabalu. Well, all this time I only hear stories from people about the beauty of mount kinabalu. Thanks God coz He gave me the chance to experience the beauty of His creation myself.
Our journey started at 'timpohon' and we take about 5 hours climbing to reach the foot of mount kinabalu. there, we stopped our journey at a place called 'gunting lagadon' which I think is named upon someone's name. 5 hours of climbing is such a tiring and challenging trip. tiredness, pain and extreme cold is really challenging me not only physically, but also mentally.





















sharp at 1.30p.m, I finally reached 'gunting lagadon'. dying of tiredness and pain, I almost gave up to continue to the peak of mount kinabalu which will be at 2.oo a.m early in the morning. However, I decided to continue what I have started. coz I know, this might be my only chance to beat mount kinabalu. And I don't want to lose!




































At 2.45 a.m, we started our final challenge to beat mount kinabalu. It was an extremely cold midnight and I confess that I was shivering all the way to the top! with all the strength and high spirit to reach the peak, I ignored all the pain( actually, I didn't really prepare myself physically for this trip!) and extreme coldness that seems like trying to stop me to continue on.



















After all the hard work and toughness, sharp at 4.33a.m, sufi, shalman and I was the first of our team to reach to the peak. minutes after that, more and more of our friends showed up with an ear to ear smile on their face. Realizing that I have beated mount kinabalu, I called my mum. I MADE IT!!

2 comments:

Miki Aya said...

congratulations. glad you made it to the top. i've heard a story about the 'pond' near the peak that can grant you your wishes if you tossed a coin inside it. i was young back then, i know almost nothing, and happens to believe it. however, i've realized that the determination and strength that one possess in order to climb to the top are actually the keys to granting our own wishes, not the 'pond' and the coin tossing. whatever that means. ha ha.

Biey said...

jeles sama kamu..haha urang ranau pun blum lae pernah pnjat gunung kinabalu..shame on me..ceewah..
nway ada tag tuk ko..mind to visit my belog..http://bloggiebiey.blogspot.com/2011/01/sixtysix-lurvelurve-giveaway.html